We learned about the life cycle of the frog and made some groovy frogs!! Some tadpoles came to stay in our classroom for a while also.
We went on a nature walk when we had the fine weather and searched for visible signs of spring in our local environment. When we came back to class we made a list of what we had observed. Then we discussed other general signs of spring.
- Trees grow buds which grow into leaves.
- Birds start to build their nests.
- A variety of flowers start to grow again.
- The farmer ploughs the land.
- Young animals are born on the farm, e.g. lambs, piglets calves etc.
- Days start to get longer.
- Weather gets warmer (in theory!!!)
Mother sheep and three baby lambs- aren't they adorable!!
Here is a picture of some buds on a horse chestnut tree growing near our school: